Why?

The purpose of this blog is to provide a place for me to express the stories that boil out of me. Feel free to comment, critique, congratulate, or hate. To create is to live.

February 1, 2016

It's Cold Here


It’s cold here. It’s been cold for a long time. The world was getting warmer but now it’s cold and getting colder. When I spit it freezes before it hits the ground. I piss yellow slush. Even sound is different.
It’s fucking cold here.
I think it’s because of the sun but that’s just a guess because the sun is fucking gone.
It vanished a while back. Well I think it’s been a while. With no sun there’s no days.
My watch tells me it’s been 9 months but the thing is old and doesn’t always work. Whatever it uses to keep ticking depends on moving around and it’s usually just too cold.
Can’t use my cell phone because it’s just a brick now. When the sun went away so did GPS, the internet, and the power grid.
If I’m honest though time doesn’t really matter all that much anymore.
Eventually I’m probably going to freeze to death.
Me and the rest of the assholes.
Well, not the rich assholes.They’re probably in bunkers somewhere huddled around nuclear reactors and converting their piss and shit into potatoes and chicken wings. They’ll keep on going for centuries.
Then again maybe they won’t. Maybe I’m just inventing them to keep myself from walking into the cold and never coming back.
Maybe I shouldn’t worry about hypothetical assholes and worry about real assholes like you. I mean you definitely should have been worried about me.
It’s going to be okay.
Well, okay for me.
For you, not so much.
At least with the cold you’ll last.
You gotta look on the bright side even when there’s no sun right?

No comments:

Post a Comment